E E Ingleton Engineering Ltd (EEI) manufacture & supply high integrity perforated & fabricated products for the architectural, recycling, animal feedmilling and other industries. The company operates from one manufacturing site in Sheffield UK and has a combined workforce of circa 20 -25 employees and sub-contract partners.
This policy applies to all activities undertaken EEI in the UK and impacts upon our suppliers and customers. This document serves to outline our commitment to meeting our environmental obligations and forms the basis of our environmental management system in accordance with ISO 14001:2004.
We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by ensuring that we achieve the following:
- Compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and other requirements to which the organisation subscribes. In cases where no such legislation is known to exist we will employ such measures as to ensure that adequate control measures have been adopted so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Review the environmental impact of all company activities with relevant parties. This will enable us to identify suitable and effective control measures in order to prevent pollution and will also serve to establish objectives and targets.
- Involve all EEI employees in our environmental programme and ensure that training is provided to enable them to fulfil their roles and responsibilities. EEI recognises the importance of gaining full cooperation and commitment from its employees in order to implement and maintain an effective environmental management system.
- Maintain a programme of continual improvement by setting and reviewing objectives and targets.
- Engage suppliers and customers to ensure the best environmental practice is adopted in all of our activities, so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Improve energy and other resource efficiency, and reduce waste.
This policy will be made available to all EEI employees and any person(s) working on behalf of EEI. This policy is also available to the general public on request and posted on the company website www.eeingleton.co.uk.
E E Ingleton Engineering Ltd
Date: May 2012